Assistant Facilities Manager:
Rowley Properties, a small family owned business that owns, develops and manages their own properties in Issaquah is looking for a dynamic team member that wants to learn and grow with us. If you are someone who enjoys variety in your day, has strong attention to detail, is a people person, has a sense of urgency, problem solver and loves a good challenge we hope you’ll consider applying for our position.
About the Role:
This position is integral in the day-to-day operations (M-F, 8 to 5 p.m.) and management of our properties and serves as the right hand to the Facilities Manager. You are the go to person for when tenants and/or customers need immediate assistance, for delegating work orders to the team and the glue for the Facilities techs and subcontractors. Supports Facilities Team members from the office and on occasion in the field, tracks and helps plan daily- and long-term care and maintenance of properties, monitors budget and inventories, conducts research and is responsible for special projects. Serves as a liaison between Facilities Manager and team members, property managers, customers, tenants, suppliers, subcontractors for tenant improvements to ensure projects are completed on time and objectives are achieved. There will be times when work out in the field and working alongside Facilities techs is necessary so basic maintenance and construction knowledge is needed.
About Rowley Properties:
Established in 1954, we are a family-owned and operated real estate company that owns, leases, invests in, develops and manages our own real estate.
At Rowley Properties, Inc. we believe community comes first. We work to build our community and focus on projects that rise above the rest - - intelligently developing and creating sustainable projects that will benefit our friends, neighbors and community for years. As a real estate development company, we’re not merely trying to build buildings; we are creating a business that responds to changing times and the needs of our community in alignment with our core values and deep sense of responsibility.
Our Facilities Department:
The Facilities Department is responsible for the care, maintenance and improvement of the Company’s physical assets – the core of our business and why our customers choose Rowley Properties. We own roughly 100 acres in Issaquah with a mix of office space, flex and retail space, hotel and hospitality, residential and storage. With the care of our buildings, we must also ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, infrastructure and property systems such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, stormwater, waterproofing, roofing, roads/sidewalks, equipment and elevators. Our buildings, grounds and facilities must meet and exceed standards, ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety policies. To this end, this position helps support and plan for tenant improvements, inspections, repairs, trouble shooting and daily maintenance of buildings, infrastructures and facility equipment. This is a non-exempt, non-supervisory position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Help coordinate, oversee and/or manage repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work. Working with the Facilities Manager ensure that projects stay on time and on budget and that there is regular communication with all concerned interests (tenant, property manager, subcontractors, etc.) in order to manage expectations and contractual obligations.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of Rowley’s buildings and properties.
- Help plan and implement weekly Facilities planning meetings to include co-development of project management schedules and team strategy to manage workload.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and respond to customer/tenant problems. Work with the property managers and customer service team, as appropriate.
- Coordinate, track and ensure the appropriate execution of work orders. Enter maintenance information into MRI.
- Obtain and review bids/price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects. Help support capital improvement projects.
- Monitor vendor performance and provide feedback as directed; help benchmark new vendors as needed.
- Coordinate with after-hours call center to ensure effective delivery of service and communication with on call team. Respond immediately to building and property emergencies as needed (24/7).
- Help manage the emergency preparedness plans and process (to include routine response during inclement weather situations) and serve as key team in charge during time of emergency.
- Monitor weather forecasts and help facilitate a plan of action during times of extreme inclement weather (potential flooding, etc.). Notify CEO and property managers of action plan and expectations.
- Ensure that Company maintenance shop, vehicles and equipment are properly maintained and that the best, most appropriate tools for the job are made available.
- Maintain and track accurate, up-to-date information on the Company key core database, Global Harmonized System (Hazardous Materials), HVAC maintenance, fire sprinkler/alarm maintenance, landscape sprinkler maintenance, electronic gates, fire extinguisher maintenance, gutters, downspouts, water lines, catch basins and storm drains, etc.
- Ensure GHS and herbicide products are stored and disposed of properly.
- Keep current inventory of major equipment (trucks, heavy equipment, major tools-generators, pressure washers, gas powered equipment, etc.) with purchase dates and life expectancy.
- Help create and maintain an online resource for building and property management (shut-off valves, HVAC location, stormwater filter locations, gas lines, sewer lines, etc.)
- Help manage annual maintenance plan/inspections of Rowley’s private roads in Hyla Crossing. (At least annually, one road is closed for 24/hrs and documented in order to establish ownership).
- Implement an annual pest control plan for all properties, to include assistance with diagnosing issues on property, as needed.
- Help implement Company sustainability values and objectives. Strive to reduce waste. This includes standards/procedures/training to do things right the first time, optimization of our team’s time, automations, construction recycling, etc.
- Create and help deliver weekly safety training and on occasion, involving the entire company. Foster a safety-first culture with the team to help mitigate risk for team members and maintain good Labor and Industry standing as well as understanding of Global Harmonized System management (storage, use, response). Ensure OSHA/WISHA regulations are followed and training provided to the team.
- Security -coordinate with security companies’ access to buildings, main office, properties, etc. Provide new employee training. Schedule annual alarm inspection for Rowley Office with alarm provider. Work with alarm monitoring companies for storage units and offices. Support IT department with camera installation and online monitoring. JLS? Janitor and Electric? Server rooms?
- Verify Facilities Team payroll information and time card data into payroll software system.
- Research, compile data and prepare a recommendation for new materials and supplies. Fulfill equipment/large orders with suppliers such as Home Depot and Lowes; track/inventory Facilities Department purchases of tools and small equipment.
- Maintain building asset files and assist Facilities Manager in developing/tracking/inventory of CAD files.
- Assist in preparing reports in relation to the Facilities Department budget.
- Network and build relationships with other contacts in the field.
- Manage special projects as appropriate.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must have solid understanding of facility maintenance and/or construction techniques. Familiar with carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliance repair, etc..
- Must possess the ability to follow verbal and written directions such as procedures.
- Accurate, consistent and detailed documentation, procedures and correspondence
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks and direct projects to completion
- Must be proficient in MS Office software, familiarity with MRI and CAD preferred
- Must be able to read construction drawings
- Willing to respond to immediate changes in job assignments based on priority situations
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and offer effective solutions
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism
- Must be able to deal professionally and positively with a wide range of personalities, at times working with difficult customers in conflict situations
- Must pass drug test, drivers record check, credit check, reference check, and criminal record check
Degree in Construction Management or Facilities Management and/or a combination of four years’ work-related experience.
Benefits include: 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision for employee; FSA.HSA; three weeks PTO; 8 paid holidays; employer paid long term disability and life insurance; wellness benefit; tuition support and many other perks.
To apply, please go to https://Rowley-Properties-Inc.careerplug.com/j/0a0gke